Thursday, September 4, 2008

What I learned from Sarah Palin

During the governor's speech at the convention, I learned so many new things! People should really have told me these things earlier!

Gov. Palin enlightened me to the fact that defending civil liberties isn’t that important. Sen. Obama actually wants people to have their rights read before going to prison. The audacity of that man to think that way! I mean, who really needs due process and equal protection under the law? It’s not like he introduced any major legislation protecting us from terrorists. Unless you count the Obama-Lugar Nonproliferation Initiative, which expands U.S. power in eliminating loose weapons around the world. However, we can’t count this piece of legislation, because as Ms. Palin informed me last night the U.S. Senate does nothing (She probably just forgot McCain is actually a senator). A particular do-nothing is Presidential nominee Barack Obama. He’s done nothing in Illinois or Washington. Sponsoring 113 pieces of legislation in the U.S. Senate including an ethics reform bill similar to one he was a leader on in the Illinois Senate is so measly really. He should have been spending his time as a mayor raising sales tax to build a hockey arena and vetoing money to improve schools and hospitals.

The Alaskan Governor had help from the whole delegation in making me come to my senses about energy. Drill Baby Drill! Yeah Baby! It doesn’t matter if offshore drilling poses a potential risk of spills and waste being dumped into the ocean. Once the drills start hitting that black gold, it would only be years before we start seeing the rewards. There would be little need for alternative resources which would start benefiting us now. Wow! This is so great to know Ms. Palin.

Maybe most exciting is that she let me in on a secret. Community organizers have no responsibilities! I need to find me one of those jobs even if they get paid significantly low wages. I always thought they were like foot soldiers on the ground here in America. Battling to improve the living conditions of those that need their help the most. That would mean they have to be advocates, educators, event planners, counselors, researchers and team players. Thanks Sarah Palin, without you I would have continued to think community organizers were talented and compassionate people.

Now that I have been educated, I guess there is no turning back. I’m on the road in my hummer driving to Wal-Mart and listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio!..

On second thought, I actually like eating veggie burgers before boarding mass transit and listening to Bruce Springsteen on my iPod. Voting for Obama and Biden will be fun too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The GOP is a joke...

a. They down the dems for big government, yet created the largest burocracy in history DOHS.
b. They down the dems for tax and spend, yet tax cut, price gudge and spent the U.S. into 9.5 trillion in debt is a better alternative?
c. They talk about family values, yet most of the speakers at the convention had trophy (2nd) wives (McCain, Thompson, Guliani) and they actually had pins saying Hot VP while Palin touted her teenage prego daughter and boyfriend around like a prize.
d. They down dems on security....we were attacked and devisated by katrina under Bush...lots of people died...how can they claim they protect us.
e. They down dems for military service (Kerry) yet nominate and brag when its McCain.
f. They want government off your back...unless you want make a choice regarding your reproductive system, then government is in your pants.
g. They down dems for being liberal, yet Jesus was liberal and so was all our founding fathers...(the authors of our constitution.)

I noticed they don't down dems for global warming and energy independance anymore....they now call it their own policy.

What a joke the GOP has become! Laughable.

Arizona says NO to McSAME